Mount Isa as undergone a transformation in recent years. Once know as being a rough and ready mining town, it now boasts a metropolitan feel with trendy bars, coffee houses and boutique shops. The small town community spirit lives on through a force of dedicated locals who organise events such as the famous Lake Moondarra Fishing Classic and Isa Rodeo.
Whilst in the region why not take in a tour, visit major tourist attractions or wine & dine with the locals.
Check out the following links for recommendations on things to see and do while you’re in the North West.
- Outback at Isa: http://www.outbackatisa.com.au
- Mount Isa City Council: http://www.mountisa.qld.gov.au/web/guest/things-to-see-and-do
- Adels Grove: http://www.adelsgrove.com.au/
- Cloncurry Shire Council: http://www.cloncurry.qld.gov.au/web/guest/visitors
- Outback QLD Tourism: http://www.outbackholidays.info/rtn2/outback-corporate/about-oqta/about-oqta_home.cfm
- Events Queensland: http://www.eventsqueensland.com.au/
- Total Travel: http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/
- Mount Isa Chamber of Commerce: http://www.mountisachamber.com.au/events-calendar/events-calendar
- Outback Now: www.outbacknow.com.au